Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sandra Bullock Is My Fairy Godmother, Says George Lopez

people.com. George Lopez may be in transition again – his TBS talk show was canceled this week – but he knows he can always count on one close friend in particular: Sandra Bullock.
Sandra Bullock Is My Fairy Godmother, Says George Lopez
"If it wasn't for her involvement in me, or her belief in me, I would have had a very different last 10 years," Lopez, 50, told PEOPLE Wednesday at Dodger Stadium, where he threw out the first pitch to promote MasterCard's support of Stand Up 2 Cancer.

Lopez didn't speak about TBS's decision – Lopez Tonight will end its almost two-year run on Thursday – but he made it clear that without Bullock, he may never have made it to late night TV at all.

"She invested in me, and she wouldn't take no for an answer. And with that, and just who she is, she has my undying love, and my undying loyalty," he said. "Every day I thank her for believing in me."

Of course, Lopez is not the only lucky one in the Oscar winner's life. She now has baby Louis to dote on. "I can only say that I did not have a mother, and I would have very much liked that one to be mine!" Lopez says with a laugh. "She's already my fairy godmother, but any child that gets to be in Sandra Bullock's arms is going to be a great person."



Though his talk show is now over, it certainly sounds like Lopez has a good outlook on life in general.

"I live every day like an 11th grader," he says. "Not a senior, because then you have to worry about college, but when you're in 11th grade, you know you're coming back to the same school with the same friends. So, I try to enjoy myself and live life every day."

For more on the men on Sandra Bullock's life, pick up this week's issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday.