Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Avril Lavigne on Kylie Jenner’s Runway Debut: ‘I Love Her Edge’

Kylie Jenner hot
 When Kylie Jenner sashayed down the runway at Monday night’s STYLE360 Abbey Dawn fashion show, more than a few familiar faces dotted the front row: show spectators included sisters Kim and Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner, brother Brody Jenner and bro-in-law Kris Humphries.

The perfect synergy of talent and good looks (Abbey Dawn is designed by Brody’s flame Avril Lavigne, after all) resulted in what Kylie dubbed “a family affair.”

“I loved having my family there,” Kylie gushed to PEOPLE after the show. “They made me so much more comfortable!” Aside from taking candids and offering up a congratulatory bouquet, family members also took to the Internet to express their admiration. “She was so fab,” big sis Kim Tweeted, with Brody sweetly concurring: “She looked beautiful and was such a natural. Proud to be her brother.”



Fully embracing the Abbey Dawn aesthetic, which includes slogan tees, studded accessories and party frocks, the 14-year-old even confessed to stealing one element straight off the runway. “I’m obsessed with it,” she told PEOPLE of her newly dip-dyed strands. “I did “Rihanna red” over Spring Break, but I was just like, ‘This isn’t me!’”

But does the novice model she have a future in the industry? “She did a really good job,” Lavigne admiringly told PEOPLE after the show. “I love her edge.”